Do you ever have those moments where you just realize how much you have been blessed? Maybe it's a movie you watched or something you read, but despite what it is, it helps you look at your life differently.
The month of May was full of emotion. Full of the need and realization of how much I need to trust and lean on God. Only through Him will I ever truly be successful.
Anyways, so, I'm sitting here at work (productive I know), and I decided to read some of my wife's blog. What have I been missing! Seeing some of her thoughts written out is so refreshing. Sometimes I feel like we don't communicate as much as we need to and I realize that that is partially my fault. Maybe I'm too busy playing a game, or just not being good at paying attention, but she is always so loving to me and always just trying to help me be a better man, a better husband, a better leader. I feel as though I fail her constantly.
But I don't, it's not a constant failure, it's a constant attempt. No matter how much I feel like I don't, like I can't, I have to constantly tell myself and pray about it and realize that with God's help, I CAN be a good husband, I CAN be a good man, and I CAN be an amazing leader! Of course, I've tried by myself, but I can honestly say that my ultimate desire is to love and serve my God first, and my Wife second.
And I think I am slowly learning what that looks like! To be patient, to be kind, slow to become angry, etc. Spending time with some amazing men is really helping me hone in on the areas of life in which I need to grow and the areas of life I need to leave behind. Let me tell you, feeling the freedom in Christ is so amazing!
So My wife and I got the chance to hang out with two AMAZING people this last month. The husband said something that really really amazed me (thank you John for that), he said that he wanted to get a Tattoo underneath his wedding band on his ring finger. At first I thought, YES! That's a great idea, what if you lost it?! However, what it truly meant, was nothing short of amazing. It would symbolize that his relationship with God came first, and then his marriage came second.
What an awesome concept! Thank you Lord for my Amazing wife! Amazing job! Amazing Family! Amazing Church! Amazing GOD!
You also might be wondering, why did you label this blog, "My Constant?" There is a long answer and a short answer. The long answer is this: Go watch LOST, Now, the entire series and you will understand. If you don't want to, here is the short version:
There is an episode that consists of a character who becomes lost between two different times in his life, he is flashing back and forth between these times and there is a danger this could kill him because of the inconsistency it would have on his brain. He was told he had to find "a constant," something he could focus on that existed in both times. So long story short, he finds his constant and that is that, I won't ruin it too much for you.
So, I start to think how much this truly relates to us. How many times do we have one foot on one side of this fence and one foot on the other? How many times are we flashing between the "good" New found life we have in Christ and suddenly we flash back to the Hell we once lived in. This SHOULD NOT BE! We need to fully live to serve God and others and only then will we be where we are supposed to be. To stay in the "Good" Life that we have In Jesus, we MUST find our constant. What was there all along? What was there and consistent even when we weren't? CHRIST of course! That being said, I have two constants. Ones that existed in both worlds but that I can serve and love and this will help to keep me in the world that I am supposed to be in. The world of God.
My First and most important Constant is Jesus Christ. He was there when I was in a bad place, and he's there now that I'm in a good place! If I serve him first and foremost, I will be able to truly love all the rest of the people in my life how I am supposed to! Please Lord help me to keep you first!
My Second constant is my Lovely wife Breeann. She has been consistenly loving to me, consistently encouraging and she has stuck with me, many times when she shouldn't, and even when all others abandoned me. My Wife, has been such an amazing inspiration to me. After all, reading her blog, inspired me to start one too! What an awesome opportunity and amazing gift Jesus has bestowed upon me and trusted me with. It's my job to serve her, to lead her in his ways and to love her has he loved the Church. Please Lord, help me to love her like you love the church!
Well, those are my thoughts, I am choosing Christ. I am choosing love, relationships and friendships. Anything else, isn't worth it.
I love you God. I love you Breeann.
No comments:
Post a Comment